16 May 2014

To do list - revisited

I'm feeling fairly pleased with my achievements.  Granted, these achievements are fairly low-level and domestic but still.  I haven't tackled The Three Peaks Challenge or climbed Everest.  No.  But I have managed to do a Tabata / Yogalates combo whilst incredibly tired and I have customised all but 3 of my much-in-need-of-a-makeover clothes.  I've semi-decided to sell some of said customised clothes but erm, well, I'm so attached to them all, I don't know if I can bring myself to!  That said, the extra pennies would be very helpful.  When I say extra, I mean pennies to prevent spiraling debt.

To sell or not to sell, that is the question. Well, it's one of them. 

Anyway, my to do list, part achieved, is below:

- Watch the remaining 10% of Julie & Julia.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503/. I managed to watch some of it when my daughter was quite young.  Her early evening wake up meant I missed the end.  I've never got around to finding out what the end actually comprises of.

Almost.  I have the film ready to watch.  It's a start.


- Find a job.  This is an easy one.  Ill just go out and get one.  Gis a job!  Okay, I jest.  This one could take forever.  I think Ill watch Julie & Julia first.

Ha! No.  Of course not but I am trying.  I'm really really trying.

- Make myself a cup of tea. Okay, arguably, this doesn't need adding to a to do list.  It's pretty easy to do and I do it all the time.  Yet, I can happily cross it off my list in about erm 3 minutes time so I'm keeping it on the list.  Watch this space..........I'm back and I made a coffee instead of a tea! Bonus.  I can have a cup of tea shortly. 

Ooooh I did that and then some.  Love tea.

- Contact various parenting magazines with a view to writing freelance for one or more of them.

I haven't started this.  Feeling somewhat less achievementy now.


- Hoover the bed.  Hoover the bed? Yep, hoover the bed.  No, I haven't taken leave of my senses.  The Eczema Society recommend that beds are hoovered once a week. My daughter has eczema and high incidences of reactions to dust. I hoover her (our) bed once a week.  I sometimes steam clean it too.  All the bedding is washed on a 60 degree setting.  If I miss a week, her skin responds accordingly.  Bummer. 

I did that and it's almost time to do it again.  I steam cleaned it too.  A domestic goddess has entered the building. 
 

- Tie bleach and / or dye all my clothes that have milton damage.  Milton is a mild bleach. Parents tend to use milton for sterolising things.  Im a parent, I own milton and Im very very clumsy.  Thus, about 10% of my wardrobe has milton blobs on it.  I can't either justify or afford to replace these clothes.  It would be rather unethical and I lack the necessary pennies to buy new or even second-hand clothes.  Thus far, I have tie bleached a black top.  Now it's black / dark red.  It looks pretty good, in my view.  I have about 30 items of clothes to go.

Achieved!  There a few items that need fabric painting but the tie dye / tie bleach stage is complete.  Flipping wow.  

- Visit my good friend Sam in Sheffield.  I've been trying to visit her for months.  This must happen.  It's on my to do list.  It will happen.

Not yet, sadly.  Soon though.  

- Visit a cafe on my own and sip a mocha, as if I have all the time in the world.  No phone.  No timescales. No shouty toddler.  No children's activities. Just me and caffeine mixed with chocolate.  Oh and a book.  I haven't let the hours slip by in a cafe since my daughter was born.  In fact, I probably haven't since I met my husband.  I love love love alone time.  I never feel lonely.  I just feel comfortable and relaxed.  If I had decided to prioritise my list, this would be first.

GOD I WISH.  I have had some me-time though.  Thank you husband for that!

- Swap round the cupboards in the music room.  We have a music room. Sounds impressive, it isn't.  It's also where we store clothes and dry laundry.  Currently we have broken cupboards and new, mostly empty cupboards.  I need to rectify this.  Being tidy means you can find things and you don't trip over quite as much.

I have made a start on this.  A minor start but a start none-the-less.
 

- Tidy my daughter's playpen.  It's mostly toy storage now. She has reached an age where space is super important.  She dislikes barriers.  The playpen also needs hoovering / steam cleaning.....

Done.  Although, Ill have to do it again over the weekend!  A labour of love this parenting lark.

- Following on from above - hoover / steam clean the above-mentioned playpen.

As above.

- Get creative.  Inspire my creative side by doing erm creative things.  This could be anything.  Poetry, painting, singing.  I've written poems before.  There are some on this very blog.  I enjoy painting.  Drawing is not my forte.  I lack any actual drawing ability whatsoever.  So, get creative, somehow and get creative soon.

Oh yes.  Lots.  I have created plasticine thingies with my daughter, I've blogged (counts as creative in my view), I've fabric painted, dyed and creatively bleached various fabrics. 





 
Yep. I'm back in the zone. ACHIEVEMENT IS MY MIDDLE NAME.

Bye for now....... 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content