29 May 2014

Not the doctor

Not the Doctor, a song that I absolutely adored in the 90s.  Listening again, I still believe it to be a tremendous song and beautiful piece of poetry.  I know Alanis has been considered questionable in terms of musical authenticity and mocked for irony issues but regardless I still believe that Jagged Little Pill is a fantastic album.  Not the Doctor was one my favourite tracks.  I used to read the lyrics off the CD and turn her vocals down so I could pretend that it was my song. 

I recall stomping around my bedroom belting out the words to You oughta know.  I'd been through a fairly painful and significant break-up so the lyrics resonated with me.

Not the Doctor resonates with me right now.  And here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content