10 May 2014

Sherlock and Elementary

What we need, well, okay, what I need, is a picture of all the Sherlock characters next to their opposite number in Elementary.  I'd LOVE to see a picture like that. I've spotted pictures of BC and JLM together.  I've seen a few photoshopped pictures of Andrew Scott and Natalie Dormer but I've haven't found any pictures of all the cast members together.  A Sherlock Elementary combo.

I'm a fan of both programmnes.  Sherlock is my favourite but I am very fond of Elementary.  JLM is fabulous as Sherlock.  I love Rhys Ifans as Mycroft.  I like the female Moriarty / The woman package.  I like Andrew Scott's portrayal of Moriarty and Natalie Dormer's portrayal of Moriarty / The woman equally.  I have something of a preference for Martin Freeman as Dr Watson but love the idea of a female Watson in Elementary.  Lucy Liu plays the role brilliantly.  Mark Gatiss plays Mycroft absolutely perfectly but so does Rhys Ifans.  Actually, the cast across both programmes are pretty marvelous.

My preference for Sherlock is only slight.  The BC crush probably has a lot do with that.  Also the writing is very slick, it's based in London and it resides at the BBC.  It's very erm British.  There are, of course, plenty of British (Welsh) elements in Elementary.  And, Sherlock Holmes IS Britishness or, at least, what we imagine idealised Britishness to be.  Thus, I favour Sherlock over Elementary. 

I actually feel a little lost in the absence of either programme.  I strongly suspect that a picture of all the cast members together would fill a Sherlockian hole.  Briefly, yes, but what a fleeting moment of absolute joy it would be.  I speak as a fan-geek here.  :)   

In summary, I appeal to those with the power to pull together such an impressive line-up to do so.  It would be blooming fab.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content