12 February 2015

My theme song: Ally McBeal, Barry White


I used to watch Ally McBeal.  It was incredible TV viewing in it's early phases.  Totally surreal and completely crazy.  Just like me.  I connected with an idea in the programme, which started with the character John Cage.  Before court he would use Barry White's epic song, 'My first, my last, my everything' to get himself into the zone.  The song seemed to increase his confidence and was almost magical.  I was so impressed with the idea, that many years ago, I decided I needed my own theme song. Being totally without imagination, ;-) I decided to use the same song as John Cage.

I forgot all about my theme song until this very moment.  Now, my theme song is back.  The next time I need a boost, I shall sing 'My first, my last, my everything' in the privacy of my mind and, on occasion, I'll sing it out loud.  Personal theme songs - it's the future.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content