12 February 2015

I am my own knight

As a child growing into a teen, I thought a metaphorical knight in shining armour would come and rescue me.  I really thought a man would come into my life and sweep me off my feet.  As time past, I began to be aware of more feminist discourse, never-the-less I never let the idea of a metaphorical knight go.  Until right now.  This moment.  I'm open to romantic love.  I still believe in soulmates.  But I am my own rescuer.  I'm surrounded by love - that of my daughter, my family, my friends and love for myself. 

I've had many periods of doubt.  I've wondered if I can live this life as a single mum and manage all avenues of life on my own.  I realise that I can.  I feel a strong sense of who I am and, moreover, I feel strong. 

Life will throw many challenges at me. Life throws challenges at everyone.  I know I can overcome these challenges.  I can do this because I believe that I can. 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content