01 February 2015

I miss the incidentals

I miss being with someone.  I like watching films whilst holding hands.  I like hugs.  Hugs with my daughter are epic.  Beyond compare in a way but they sort of revolve around me offering comfort and protection to her.  Exactly how it should be, of course.  But I do like a hug that offers comfort and protection to me, with some romance and sexual chemistry thrown in.  In short, I like the kind of hug you get with a partner.

I posted about The Incidentals by Alisha's Attic yesterday.  The song is about sexual chemistry and that elated feeling you get during the first flushes of love.  When the chemistry is right, it really can feel like little explosions, as your body responds to theirs.  It's a wonderful thing.  It's actually quite strange how it works.  It isn't just about someone's personality, their intelligence, their wit or their looks - it's something else, something undefinable.  It's lots of little things that combined mean that a kiss virtually generates a background orchestra.  A metaphorical orchestra obviously.  Unless you happen to be at a concert.  

As Alisha's Attic highlight, chemistry, for the most part, is about the incidentals. Add those incidentals together and boomshanka, you get dynamite eruptions. 

I miss feeling like that........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content