16 September 2016

Daydream believer

I'm prone to daydream. I recall that someone once joked that I'd be late for an appointment because I’d get distracted by puddles on the way. This was something of an exaggeration but essentially, he had a point. Perhaps not puddles, I'm not five but flowers, rainbows and unicorns. We need unicorns. The mythical and the metaphorical. Anyway, I digress.

I'm absolutely useless with time, dramatically tangential and get lost in anything I deem worthy of losing myself in. If I was super punctual, always made a point succinctly and never got lost in dreamy things - I think I'd be rather boring. I like the surreal, the artsy, the weird and the wonderful. I want to cry endlessly at poetry. I enjoy moving between the words of a book as if I'm a character within it. Wandering aimlessly around a museum or an art gallery is just immense. If I'm not lost in mine, then I love losing myself in the product of someone else's imagination. Then enjoying that process of it becoming something other than it was. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

It's as if I'm offering evidence of my tendency to go off on a tangent …….. I believe that words matter: the spoken word, what is written, the lyrics in a song. Words, how I love thee - let me count the ways. And music, I cannot count the ways because the ways are infinite. Let your soul sing, embrace music. I feel that it doesn't do to attach oneself to a genre. The impact of the sound is all that matters. As someone lovely once said "everything but not anything”.

Returning to the point because I tend to eventually….. I'm prone to wild imaginings. I can get a little carried away with my inner world. In fact (or rather, in fiction), it can overshadow the real world. This is beautiful but it sometimes loses hours of time. Yet does the loss of time matter when the magic of dreams have created it. What is time anyway but a man-made construct designed to constrict us. Whereas the dream - in slumber, in imagination and the dreams of our hopes are, without question, designed to free us.

Here's to dreams!

Here's to freedom!

Yours,

The Renegade Glitter Fairy
Xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content