09 August 2016

Threshold

A recent experience in life had forced me to make a conscious decision to filter my feelings when it came to romantic love.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and tend to fall in love very quickly. This occasion was swift, even for me but no less profound for the speed of it's arrival. At it's ending, I decided to hide my heart. This, of course, is folly.

On this day, I realise that my whole being is within a liminal space.  I’m on the cusp of the future, reluctantly leaving the past.  Within this temporal interruption, I know that I will not completely close myself off from romantic love.  For a little while, my heart will be somewhat ajar. Then, at the right moment, I will transcend this threshold and open my heart to love once more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content