07 June 2014

Love song to a stranger - Joan Baez

Reading the beautiful poem by Nandini Sahu has reminded me of an equally beautiful piece of poetry by Joan Baez.  I love Joan's contemporary folk songs.  I'm quite partial to her traditional songs and protest pieces too.  Anyway, here is a You Tube vid of 'Love song to a stranger' by Joan Baez.

I love the line "you're mainly a mystery with violins filling in space".  Magic fills in the gaps.  Romance existed, indeed it thrived without a life CV and perhaps it thrived because of the absence of personal information.  Yet, I can't help feeling sad that it wasn't love everlasting but maybe romantic love isn't meant to last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content