20 June 2014

A little comfort for for the crush

A little comfort for all the ladies out there (and gents) that suffer from the crush:

I once sent an amethyst crystal and some worry dolls to a man I had a crush on!  Yes really.  I sent them because I knew he'd been a little stressed out.  I thought the gifts would help.  Maybe they did.  But that's not the point.  The man was in a band that I liked.  Not a well-known band but one that, in my view, should be world-renowned.  Essentially though, the context and the man are not important.  What is important, is this - my feelings were so strong for this man at that time.  Huge crush.  He was a man that I hadn't met but through his music, and, ahem, his looks, I felt compelled to send him a gift.  I also wrote him an email, asking him out on a date!  Oh the shame.  Why I thought for one second he'd say yes, is entirely beyond me but it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Anyway, powerful feelings compel you to do big things.  Things you might look back on and cringe about.  But eventually you move on.  You do other things.  You might develop a crush on someone else, or you might fall in love in more mutual circumstances.  Crucially, and what I'm at pains to finally say, is what seems all-encompassing now, what seems the biggest thing ever, will, in time, be just another memory. 

I speak from experience here. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content