26 August 2009

Man in the mirror

Mark played 'Man in the mirror' by Michael Jackson today and I listened to it with new ears (try not to think shopping trip, new ear purchases here). I really heard it for the first time. I have liked much of Jackson's earlier music but have tended to be rather disparaging about the more recent stuff. I really enjoyed 'Man in the mirror' today. Not just musically but lyrically. The song has a good vibe. There is an element of happy-clappy in there, in other words, you could argue that it's a little sugar-coated but actually if you really listen to the words, there is a great message. Everyone would benefit from really looking at themselves and trying to be a better person.

I also enjoyed seeing Mark half dance on his chair whilst typing away on his lap-top. He sang the lyrics at the top of his voice and waited impatiently for the obligatory SHAMONE! I thought it was very cute.

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content