19 January 2015

Unseen academicals

I'm pleased that I've picked up Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett once again.  I started to read it some weeks ago and last night, I found my way back to it.  Happily, Pratchett provides safe passage from reality, into unreality filled with laugh aloud humour.  Something that I certainly need right now. 

This particular book also serves to remind me that 'the beautiful game' is anything but. Like so many other quotes, this one made me giggle, "this street was indeed a crescent, which would probably have an effect on tactics if the players had any truck with such high-flown concepts".  It reminds me of watching Argentina play in the World Cup. In other words, play as dirty as you can get away with. 

Discworld novels, practically a rite of passage.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content