- Crash dieting and exercise attempts to make herself super slim, even though man already knows what she looks like
- Buys new outfit including coordinating accessories, even though man probably won’t notice accessories or, in fact outfit
- Buys completely unneeded new makeup and nail varnish
- Ignores new nail varnish, instead books both pedicure and manicure at over-priced beauty salon
- Attempts to restyle hair
- Applies deep conditioning treatments to hair daily
- Tries on every outfit in wardrobe, at least twice
- Buys new underwear, just in case
- Begins daily skincare routine
- Plucks eyebrows in accordance with current eyebrow styles, guided by Cosmopolitan magazine or similar
- Has numerous discussion with friends about hair, makeup, nails, underwear, outfit and so on
- The day before the date, woman removes unwanted body hair. If woman hasn’t dated for a while, this process takes a lot of time. The result is that woman no longer resembles Cousin It.
Woman brushes her teeth for about 30 minutes. Then the make up application process commences. This could take anything from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Woman then tries on everything from her wardrobe again, decides to wear the first outfit she tried. Woman places all items in her handbag that she believes she might need, plus a fair number of items that she knows she definitely won’t. For good measure, woman reapplies perfume. Woman puts on her coat and leaves the house. Like man, woman arrives at the date feeling nervous, looks down at her outfit and notices stray toothpaste.