24 May 2009

Film therapy

My blood-alchohol levels are out of balance today. I accidently drank far too much last night. Dieting and boozing is not a good mix. I probably should have taken note of the warning on my tablets (which are being taken for vertigo). Apparently they were quite serious and correct to say AVOID ALCOHOL. I really should have done. I had room spin this morning but it was hangover rather than vertigo related. Bad times. Some people, namely me, never learn. Moderation is unfamiliar to me. Excess, on the other hand, is well-known to me. Excess and room spin.

Anyway, Sleepless in seattle is quite an effective hangover cure when taken with water and painkillers. I love that film. I have it on video - actual VHS. Those were the days, when you had to rewind films to find the beginning. The film is all about soul mates, signs, destiny and love. It reminds me that love matters and will somehow get you through life. I cried a little, laughed a lot. I've seen the film many times and find that it has a therapeutic effect. Even if you're an ardent fan of films that you'd expect to find Willis or Van dam in, it's definately worth a watch. If only to admire Meg Ryan or the New York landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content