16 July 2009

Real me

I've been unfortunate enough to contract Swine flu, yes really. No jest. Two doses of special antibiotics later, I'm improving just enough to blog. I'm in quarantine until Sunday. Timing for catching Swine flu is far from ideal - I was with my new boyfriend, a man I've been seeing for just under 3 weeks. I'm also in the middle of writing two essays, both of which are due on Tuesday next week. Oh gulp. So my lovely new man has seen me at my very worst - deathly pale, even less tanned than usual, no make-up, bad hair and to put the cherry on the hideous Hazel cake - I was sick four times, right in front of him. The kind of sick that really ill people produce. If I could have picked a time to be sick in front of him, the first three weeks of the relationship would not have been it! Top marks to him though, he really has taken care of me. As I sit - wearing his old top, no make-up, bad hair, typing my blog - he still wants to be with me. The hideous Hazel has not put him off. Miraculous!

I've received more compliments in the last three weeks than I have in a long time. I feel honoured to be so appreciated. His approach to beauty reminds me that make-up, short skirts, big hair, preening and polishing are all just layers. They are merely enhancements. I'm liked just as much slobbing out in his old top as I am when I've spent hours getting ready to go out.

The glamourous Hazel is still me but underneath I'm just a woman without make-up, slobbing out in his old top. I like the real me. I even like the almost post-Swine flu sicky me. He likes me too. Thank you lovely man.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content