21 July 2009

Play with language

I like to play with language – this conjures up a Pythonesque image of a random blonde (aka me) skipping and running around with gigantic cartoon words! In reality I refer to bending the rules of the English language. This comes from my sociology studies I think. I have noticed that Social Scientists stretch words beyond their usual capacity. They also make words up in the name of theory - wonderful stuff. I've taken on this method of writing. I enjoy it. I'm unsure how useful it will prove if I move on to study creative writing, as it my current intention but I'll cross into more fixed language territory if and when I need to.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content