28 May 2017

Reminded I am

There are songs that I discovered after you, which remind me of you. It's not only the lyrics. Although of course there is some of that. Nor is it just because of the emotions in the sound. Though obviously this plays its' part. Largely, it is the connections that are reminiscent. Like stepping stones, a musical pathway, as accidental as the road that led to you.

The pathway steps along like this: Heartless Bastards appeared as a recommendation on YouTube​. I realised, albeit through alcohol infused memories, that we'd listened to them together. They were new to me then. I still don't know if Cigarettes after Sex came up for us. Though I have a feeling that they did. Maybe because of Heartless Bastards and maybe because of you, Cigarettes after Sex appeared on YouTube next. Some time later, a few months perhaps, Snowmine arrived. And it is Snowmine that triggers thoughts of you more than any other music. Though we never listened to this band together. I think you'd like them. 

Even if everything else you gave me was flawed or perhaps even false.  I do thank you for the music. There is authenticity and great beauty in it all.

Ironic though it be, reminded of you I am. 

Xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content