18 November 2015

Single

My romantic history has tended to be active. There have been long relationships and short ones. In summary, there have been very few gaps since erm about 1990.

Presently one might describe my romantic status as inactive. Inactive since January or so. For a while there, I was pretty darned unhappy about it. Then, somehow, I got a life. I stopped being defined by a relationship status and started a relationship with life.

Life can be active. In other words one can choose to actually live life and that's exactly what I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, I'd quite like to be wined and dined by an intelligent, attractive, kind, bearded fellow but it isn't pivotal. I'm not driven by the desire to have a partner. And I think I was, once upon time.

I have no real idea how id find the time for love, amongst mum daughter time, work time, me time, helping the planet time and family friend time. I could probably squeeze someone in on a Tuesday in 2020.

Isn't it strange that once you stop searching, you realise you found what you were searching for. You see I thought I was looking for a romantic partner. I wasn't. I was looking for myself. Low and behold, I found her.

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content