15 January 2013

Death by zumba part 2

So I went to Zumba.  The verdict: it is supercharged and it was rather fun.  However, I am pleased to report that it isn't as supercharged as Spinning.  A little more coordination is required but from a I want to die because this exercise class is so hard perspective, Spinning wins.  Any exercise routine that leaves bruises will always win hands down (see http://1974haze.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/death-by-zumba-part-1.html here).

There was much shouting and whooping at Zumba.  I didn't whoop.  I never whoop.  I did, however, fight my way through every routine.  Towards the end, my legs interfered with my enthusiasm because they were, as they are now, aching a lot.  Thus exercise routines penultimate and ultimate were walked through rather than bounced through.  Leg pain, post-exercise, I'm given to understand, is a good thing.  Doesn't feel particularly good though.

LMFAO's 'I'm sexy and I know it' was one of the latter tracks used by the instructor.  Despite a beaming red face, crap leggings and large amounts of sweat, for about 10 seconds I did feel sexy.  In my mind, I was like yeah, check out my sexy Zumba moves.  Then some poor foot coordination and the imagined mirror image of me prancing around like a red faced idiot stepped in and wiped out all thoughts of alluring, fantasy me.  

Maybe after a few months of Zumba, I'll sing 'I'm sexy and I know it' and mean it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content