15 January 2013

Death by zumba part 1

It's been some time since I've blogged on here.  I do manage to squeeze blog posts in via my parenting blog at http://offbeatadventuresinparenting.blogspot.co.uk/.  Given that parenting takes up most of my time, it only follows that my main blog has become the parenting one.  It was created on January of this year.  

Moving onto a little of me, as oppose to mummy me.  Today has been slow so far. Every task has been laboured. This doesn't bode well because tonight is Zumba night. My first dalliance with exercise in a long time. I hope I don't collapse in a heap. I understand that Zumba is supercharged. This worries me. Yet I will be okay as long as it isn't as supercharged as Spinning.

I  have spun, span, spinned (?) twice in my life. What possessed me to repeat the experience can only have been temporary insanity.  After spinning, I had bruises in places that should never turn blue. In fact I had bruises in places I didn't know I had.  Actual bruises.  Post-spinning, my inner thighs became pen pals. It was days before they returned to their together position. John Wayne had nothing on my post-spin walk.  Ride em cowboy.   

If you have ever spun, span, spinned (?) you'll know to what I refer. If you haven't, don't.  But basically you sit on a special exercise bike with a teeny, tiny, thin and super hard seat.  Then you pedal like a crazy person to dance music for an hour or more (unless you die first).  People who spin leave pools of sweat on the floor.  Actual pools. You stand up and pedal a lot.  You stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down a lot too.  And you pedal fast.  You get the picture.

 I do so hope that Zumba doesn't bruise like Spinning.  So Zumba awaits.....here's hoping I make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content