09 October 2010

Connected


I love the image above. I love it because you know that this mother and child are sharing a smile. Although the child's face cannot be seen, you know he is smiling back towards his mum. You can see the connection between them. I love this image because it reminds of a picture of my sister and her son taken when he was a similar age to the child in the image above. I love this image because it reminds me that despite the many sociological aspects to motherhood, there are some things that transcend learned behaviours, some things that are innate. I love this image because it reminds me that in each and every part of the world, the smile is a universal symbol of happiness and joy. I love this image because it reminds me that love exists and if you look, you will see it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content