31 May 2010

Loud bars

I've reached an age where loud bars bother me. This is in part due to the large variety of shite music on display in the loud bar. Music that consists of: people that won celebrity pop idol superstar Britain's got talent, mass produced dance music, golden oldies that have either been remixed (badly) or overplayed to such an extent that I know every word without wanting to.

I went to my cousin's 30th birthday party in Poulton on Saturday and probably heard 3 songs that I quite liked (quite is the operative word here). The rest of the music (or musicish as it will now be called) was utter shite. None-the-less, I did dance, convinced to do so by gin, tonic, my mum and my sister.

By the end of the night my head was banging. There was a time that I saw the small hours arrive one after the other and I laughed in the face of 4am. Bam, 2am, bam, 3am - they all passed without so much as a whimper from me. I was always wide awake. These days, as 1am approaches, my body clock groans ''go to sleep''. I never thought this day would come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content